Date night ideas...a little romance goes a long way!

I'm so excited to start this new blog.  Unfortunately my old blog with 4 years of posts was lost when I created my new website.  This will be much better and full of great articles, beautiful photography from my Denver boudoir photography, family portraits, high school senior pictures, maternity photography and more!  I will also be having guest bloggers so stay tuned for some really great posts in the future!

So Valentine's Day holds a very special place in my heart.  I love LOVE!  Yes, I believe that you should celebrate your relationships more than 1 day a year but Valentine's Day brought me to the love of my life.

In 2008  I was single and Valentine's Day was fast approaching.  I didn't want to be the sad, lonely girl sitting and watching Bridget Jones Diary while eating a gallon of ice cream.  So I decided to host an Anti-Valentine's Day pub crawl.  I wanted to bring together singles for a fun night out....it ended up being a great turnout!  I hosted through a group called www.meetin.org and also posted on www.craigslist.com and over 100 singles showed up for a night out.  It was that night that I met Josh...6 years later and I couldn't be happier.

So get to the date night ideas, right?  Well I just had to start with my history because Josh has brought the best out of me.  Some people think the adventures we do are crazy...we have jumped out of airplanes, bungee jumped, paraglided, ghost hunted, hot air ballooned, scuba dove with sharks, surfed, even wrestled with alligators.  We enjoy exploring, traveling and trying new things so I have a great list of ideas for the not-so-normal date night ideas.

1.  Dinner around the world.  You can cook this yourself or find restaurants within close walking or driving distance.  The idea is to create a multi-course dinner featuring cuisines from different areas around the world.  For example start with an appetizer at a Mexican restaurant, main entree at an Italian and dessert at Thai...create your own mix to fit your partner's favorite dishes!

2.  Take a class together!  Find something new to do together that might create a new hobby you both enjoy.  Some things Josh and I have done:  Learn to brew beer at Do Your Brew.  Learn to make Cheese and Wine at Wine & Whey.  Create art at Sipping & Painting and Upstairs Circus.  Find cooking classes and learn how to make your favorite dishes together!  Get scuba certified at Underwater Phantaseas so you can dive with the sharks at the Denver Aquarium!

3.  Take a day trip to the hot springs!  Some of our favorite places are Glenwood Hot Springs.  Mount Princeton Hot Spring Resort is my favorite, you can make your own hot spring pool in the river!!!!  Hot Sulphur Springs is excellent but gets very packed on some days.  One tip is to rent the apartment then you get private access to all of the pools after closing hours!

4.  Enjoy the winter sports and adventures around Colorado!  One of my favorite dates was when we went Dogsledding at Good Times Adventures near Breckenridge.  Snowmobile tour with Monarch Tours.  Go tubing at Copper Mountain.  Do a snowshoe tour at St. Mary's Glacier with Wide Open Adventure or a Full Moon tour at Breckenridge Nordic Center.  Check out the Ice Castles in Breckenridge, I suggest going at dark to see the lights!

5.  Try your luck at geocaching.  Some of the places these caches have brought us are great hikes and places we wouldn't have found otherwise!

6.  Do a couples portrait session at Darci Amundson Photography!  Get pampered with hair and makeup, enjoy a glass of wine and let Darci create gorgeous, intimate images you will treasure for a lifetime!

7.  Tour and do tastings at local wineries!  Some of my favorites are Balisteri Vineyards, Infinite Monkey Theorem and Redstone Meadery.

8.  Find awesome last minute deals for flights and explore a new city!  I love to travel so if I find cheap flights, I'm all over them!  I then use Airbnb.com and find sweet deals on rentals of an entire home you can find cheaper than hotels!

9.  Explore the paranormal!  Although we have stayed in many "haunted" hotels and have done tours...we have yet to have a major event happen to us.  We still like going and hearing stories.  We love to go to the Stanley Hotel.  Molly Brown House sometime have events.  When Chip Coffey comes to town, he is great to get tickets to!  Banjo Billy's bus tour is always a fun tour to take!

10.  Push your comfort zone!  Face your fears and face them together.  Never in a million years would I ever think I've done the things I have done in my life.  I was afraid of heights and have a huge fear of water...yet I LOVE to scuba.

I hope this Valentine's Day brings you so much love and you find new things to do with your partner. I dedicate this first post to the love of my life, Josh, I can't wait to see what adventures are in our future!



Comments

Popular Posts